AUSTIN NEEDS QUALITY CHAIR MASSAGE!
Massage Therapists, Join our Team!
What We Have To Offer
- Total freedom; You decide which events you will work
- Opportunities to make money working On-site gigs: $25.00 or more per hour, plus tips.
or 50% – 66% commission at our car wash locations.
- Occasions to promote and build your private practice
- Excellent Free Training*
(Learn to give the most benefit in the least amount of time with the least amount of effort)
- 19 hours of CEU Credit
* “Massaging clients on a chair is not the same as massaging clients on a table. Practitioners who try to adapt table techniques to a chair massage end up with tired backs, sore hands, and emotional exhaustion. Massage professionals need specialized training to do chair massage safely and effectively. ” – David Palmer of the Touch Pro Institute AND father of contemporary chair massage.
What You Must Have
- A massage chair* and necessary equipment
- A positive attitude, friendly disposition
- Well-groomed, healthy, professional appearance
- Dependable transportation
- Proof of your Texas Massage Registration
- Proof of your Professional Liability Insurance
- A mobile phone with voice mail and ability to text
- Ability to access & print email or save it on your mobile device
* Not all massage chairs are created equal. We absolutely do not allow chairs with swiveling or “floating” knee pads. If you are looking to buy a good chair, we recommend the Oak Works Portal Pro Massage Chair with Terra Touch vinyl or the StrongLite Ergo Pro II Portable Massage Chair. If you are 5′ 4″ or shorter, the only chair for you is the StrongLite Ergo Pro II . BTW, we provide the massage chairs and all necessary needed supplies at our car wash locations!
What You Must Do
- Take our free training and receive an official certificate declaring that you have successfully completed 19 hours of continuing education! (Check out our training schedule.) If, after the training, you want to join our team and the feeling is mutual that we would be a good fit, then,
- Participate in a minimum of two 2-hour private teaching sessions (within a 2- to 4-week period after the initial training) with Tom Darilek**, to assist you in becoming proficient in doing the Seize the Day chair massage technique
- Practice, practice, practice! By the time of your second private teaching session, you will have done sixteen 25-minute chair massage sessions on your own time.
- Sign an Agreement to work according to the policies and procedures of Seize the Day (including our dress code) – To respect the business relationships established by Seize the Day – To perform up to 3 hours of complimentary chair massage in the coming year. This is to be used for Public Relations and Marketing purposes only (health fairs, customer samples, fund raisers for non-profit organizations, etc.). Seize the Day Massage does not make any money off of your free labor. And these are excellent opportunities to further promote your private practice!
- Purchase a pair of massage tools (pain erasures) for $50.00 + tax
- Purchase a Seize the Day polo shirt for $15.00 including tax (you may need to buy more than one depending on how often you work for Seize the Day), and a name badge for $9.50 + tax
- Participate in our 3-hour orientation to learn all our administrative policies and procedures.
- Receive another certificate declaring that you have successfully completed an additional 7 hours of training, and are certified in the Seize the Day Chair Massage Technique!
- Start doing Seize the Day chair massage gigs for pay and promote your private practice everywhere you go!
* Other chair massage courses honored by Seize the Day Massage are: The Chair Massage Workshop taught by Cindy Anderson at The Lauterstein-Conway Massage School, as well as chair massage workshops offered by Touch Pro International. However, you must still participate in our 4-hour orientation as well as the minimum two 2-hour Private Teaching Sessions in order to join the Seize the Day Team; minimum 8 hours of continuing education.
**About the Instructor: Founder of Seize the Day Massage, Tom Darilek, LMT, MTI, CEP, has over 26 years experience in Chair Massage. As the owner of a chair massage company dedicated to quality service, Tom has a vested interest in ensuring that he teaches you to do chair massage quite well.
Not Sure Yet?
Are you interested in working with us but not quite sure you want to commit to a weekend of free training?
Perhaps you would like to experience what we do.
Come get a free 25-minute Chair Massage from Tom Darilek, Seize the Day owner,
at the Barton Springs Car Wash on a Wednesday, 9 am – 5 pm. Walk-ins welcome. Come on in!
If Wednesdays don’t work for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up an appointment.