Our Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our Customers and Team Members. In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have revised our hygiene protocol. We remain dedicated to providing safe, professional and effective stress-reducing & revitalizing chair massage.
The following hygiene policies for all our customers and team members are currently in effect:
UPDATE as of July 3, 2020: Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases throughout Texas and Gov. Greg Abbott’s July 2nd Executive Order (GA-29), the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas has revised the guidelines for certain businesses, we have received this notice from TDLR (Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation):
“Effective immediately, all employees and customers must wear a face covering (over the nose and mouth) while inside a massage establishment. Face masks or fabric face coverings must be worn at all times by employers, employees, contractors, and clients while inside the establishment, even if individuals are practicing social distancing. Face coverings can be removed temporarily only when necessary to receive a service.”
In light of the above, and even though we would not be providing chair massage services to your participants within an actual massage establishment, for the safety of everyone concerned, we are requiring that the following policies be adhered to for any event at which our massage therapists are providing on-site services:
- Face masks or fabric face coverings must be worn at all times by our massage therapist(s) and by everyone on the premises while our massage therapist(s) are on the premises at which your event is being held, even if individuals are practicing social distancing.
- Each participant has the option to remove their face covering while their head is in the face-cradle of the massage chair. They must put their face-covering back on when they sit up in the chair (lifting their head out of the face-cradle).
We ask that NO participants sign up for Chair Massage if they have had flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been exposed to someone with symptoms within the past 14 days. We verbally screen for this.
Texas Minimum Standard Heath Protocols currently require both the Therapist AND Client to disinfect their hands before beginning the massage.
- We have our team members stay home if they are feeling ill or exhibiting any cold, flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms.
- Our therapists wear protective face masks.
- Unless we are giving a massage, we practice social distancing.
- Our disinfectant wipes are saturated with 70% alcohol.
- Before we set out any of our supplies, we disinfect the entire surface upon which you are going to put our supplies.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE SURFACE OF THE TABLE YOU PROVIDE FOR EACH MASSAGE THERAPIST CANNOT BE DAMAGED BY 70% ALCOHOL.
- When doing the chair massages, we use ONLY our elbows, forearms and hands. We do NOT contact the participants’ bodies with any other parts of our body.
- Between every massage, we
- Disinfect ALL the pads of the chair as well as appropriate parts of the frame.
- Disinfect our arms & hands (from our elbows to our finger tips)
- Place a new/fresh face-cradle cover on the face pad.
- Our disinfectant wipes and/or hand-sanitizer are available to the participants for use before/after each massage.
- We have discontinued the use of the rolling tools near the end of the massages. We do not have time to dis-infect them between sessions.
We remain committed to providing safe and professional chair massage to all our Customers. The above protocols may change as more information about COVID-19 becomes available.
Questions or Concerns? Please call 512-327-2284, ext 8, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Darilek, LMT, MTI, CEP
Owner, Quality Assurance Manager
Seize the Day Chair Massage Services
512-327-2284, ext. 8
IMPORTANT NOTE: We ask that NO participant sign up for a Chair Massage if they have had flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been exposed to someone with symptoms within the past 14 days. We verbally screen for this.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle Pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or having a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19
Some info about Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Surfaces and Clothing can contain the infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more.
- This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. All the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average – everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious.
- This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs). The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth. So it is important not to touch your nose or mouth after touching any possibly contaminated surface.
- The droplets that are infectious may also be suspended in the air within the immediate vicinity of an infected person. Even large respiratory droplets can travel fairly far if the airflow conditions are right. So there is some risk of infection through the air. https://www.livescience.com/how-covid-19-spreads-transmission-routes.html
PLEASE NOTE: Orders are confirmed within 24 hours from the moment they are initiated. However, ability to fill orders is dependent upon therapists’ availability. Therefore, the farther in advance you place your order, the more guarantee you have that we will be able to fill it.