Our Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Seize the Day is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our Customers and Team Members. In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have enhanced our hygiene protocol. We remain dedicated to providing safe, professional and effective stress-reducing & revitalizing chair massage.
Some info about Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Surfaces and Clothing can contain the infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more.
- This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you. BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average – everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon.
- This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs). The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via YOUR hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth
Based on the above, when providing on-site chair massage, the following revised hygiene policies for all our team members are currently in effect:
- We have advised our team members to stay home if they are feeling ill or exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms.
- When we greet anyone at the massage site, we do NOT make any physical contact with anyone. A sincere nod in salutation or a bow of reverence is appropriate.
- As always, our disinfectant wipes are saturated with alcohol.
- Before we set out any of our supplies, we disinfect the entire surface upon which you are going to put our supplies.
- When doing the chair massages, we use ONLY our elbows, forearms and hands. We do NOT contact the participants’ bodies with any other parts of our body.
- We avoid touching our nose or mouth while doing the chair massages.
- If we need to Cough or Sneeze during a massage; we stop the massage, cough or sneeze into a paper towel, throw the paper towel in the trash, and disinfect our hands before resuming the massage. If necessary, we may cough into the sleeve of our polo shirt. Realizing that the clothing (of both customers and team members) may be contaminated, this is the reason we only use our elbows, forearms and hands when doing the work. This is also why we do not to make physical contact with anyone outside of doing the massages.
- We have discontinued the use of the rolling tools near the end of the massages. We do not have time to dis-infect them between sessions.
- Between every massage, we
- Disinfect ALL the pads of the chair (not just the face cradle pad and not just the pads that come in contact with the participant’s skin).
- Disinfect the pen which the participant used to print and sign their name on the Acknowledgement Form (if applicable).
- Disinfect our arms & hands (from our elbows to our finger tips)
- Our disinfectant wipes (or other hand-sanitizing solutions) are available to the participants for use before/after each massage.
We remain committed to providing safe and professional chair massage to all our Customers.
Tom Darilek, LMT, MTI, CEP
Owner, Quality Assurance Manager
Seize the Day Chair Massage Services
512-327-2284, ext. 8
PLEASE NOTE: Orders are confirmed within 24 hours from the moment they are initiated. However, ability to fill orders is dependent upon therapists’ availability. Therefore, the farther in advance you place your order, the more guarantee you have that we will be able to fill it.