Join Our Team!
What We Have To Offer
- Total freedom; You decide which events you will work
- Opportunities to make money working on-site chair massage events: $25.00 or more per hour, plus tips.
or 50% – 66% commission at our car wash locations.
- Occasions to promote and build your private table massage practice
- Professional Training*; 16 hours of CE Credit (whether you work for us or not)
(Exceed Customers’ Expectations! Learn to give the most benefit in the least amount of time with the least amount of effort on your part.)
- Supplies. We supply almost everything you need to do the events; paper towels, disinfectant wipes, tape, etc.
*“Massaging clients on a chair is not the same as massaging clients on a table. Practitioners who try to adapt table techniques to a chair massage end up with tired backs, sore hands, and emotional exhaustion. Massage professionals need specialized training to do chair massage safely and effectively. ” – David Palmer of the Touch Pro Institute AND father of contemporary chair massage.
What You Must Have
- A massage chair* and a supply bag (with a clipboard, a pair of scissors, and a digital clock)
- A positive attitude and a friendly disposition
- Well-groomed, healthy, professional appearance. We have a Dress Code.
- Dependable transportation
- Proof of your Texas Massage License
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance
- Proof that you can work in the good ol’ U.S.A.
- A mobile phone with voice mail and the ability to text
- Ability to access & print your email or retrieve it on your mobile device
*Not all massage chairs are created equal. We absolutely do not allow chairs with swiveling or “floating” knee pads. Any chair with a single metal rod at the customer’s mid-line is not recommended. If you are committed to your customer’s comfort, we recommend the Oak Works Portal Pro Massage Chair with Terra Touch vinyl or the StrongLite Ergo Pro II Portable Massage Chair. If you are 5′ 4″ or shorter, the only chair for you is the StrongLite Ergo Pro II .
What You Must Do
- Take our training and receive an official certificate declaring that you have successfully completed 16 hours of continuing education! (Check out our training schedule.) If, after the training, you want to join our team and the feeling is mutual that we would be a good fit, then,
- Participate in a minimum of two free 2-hour private teaching sessions (within 3 to 6 weeks after your initial training) with Tom Darilek**, to assist you in becoming proficient in doing the Seize the Day chair massage technique.
- Practice, practice, practice until you completely memorize the technique/choreography.
- Sign our Contractors Agreement to work according to the policies and procedures of Seize the Day (including our dress code); to respect the business relationships established by Seize the Day; and to perform up to 3 hours of complimentary chair massage in the coming year (This is to be used for Public Relations and Marketing purposes only; health fairs, customer samples, fund raisers for non-profit organizations, etc. Seize the Day Massage does not make any money off of your free labor. And these are excellent opportunities to further promote your private table massage practice!)
- Receive $125.00 as well as a free Seize the Day polo shirt and a name badge.
- Start doing Seize the Day chair massage gigs for pay and promote your private table massage practice everywhere you go!
*The only other chair massage course honored by Seize the Day Massage is workshop offered by Touch Pro International. However, you will need still need to do the minimum two 2-hour Private Teaching Sessions in order to join the Seize the Day Team; minimum 4 hours of continuing education.
**About the Instructor: Founder of Seize the Day Massage, Tom Darilek, LMT, MTI, CEP, has over 30 years experience in Chair Massage. As the owner of a chair massage company dedicated to quality service, Tom has a vested interest in ensuring that he teaches you to do chair massage quite well.
Not Sure Yet?
Are you interested in working with us but not quite sure you want to commit to 2 days of training?
Perhaps you would like to experience what we do.
Come get a free 20-minute Chair Massage from Tom Darilek, Seize the Day owner,
at the Barton Springs Car Wash on any Saturday, Monday or Tuesday, 9 am – 4:45 pm; or Sunday 11 am – 4:45 pm. Walk-ins welcome. Come on in!
If Saturdays thru Tuesdays don’t work for you, email email@example.com and we’ll set up an appointment.